Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Mac Disaster

On 2007-06-30 10:18:54 +0100, " said:

It's interesting to see over the months how you've come round to
buying pro tools. I think your road to Damascus was when you finally
tried an impact driver.

I know of no cheap budget Impact Drivers.

True. And I will be quite curious to see if they make the same splash
in the diy market when they do.

They already are in the DIY market. Screwfix have a Makita 12v one for
£139

I would not call £139 in the DIY price range.

Of course it is. DIY is not about price.

Matt, you are mad.

Nope. I am absolutely serious. If your sole purchasing criterion is
price, then that's for you, but it is erroneous to assume that
everybody has price as the only or even the leading criterion.

and an unbranded one for £100.

It is the Sparky. Just because you have never heard of it does
not mean it is "unbranded".

It's unbranded and is not a professional range.

Once again..."Sparky are a big pro brand in Germany and Eastern Europe
- very common there."

It's a Bulgarian company that has been around for some years. Like
Kress, it has not been successful in establishing its own brand other
than in certain geographies so chooses to increas volume by selling at
low prices in other territories.

There again I would not call £100 in the DIY
range for a drill.

Of course it is.

It isn't. £100 is far too high.

No it isn't. That's the entry price for a decent one.