Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Hook tools

Morning Jesse,

Another way to make 'hook tools' is to grind flat stock or tool bits
etc. to shapes that are basically hooks. I like the shape of the
'Viking' for end grain. It is robust, doesn't pack the shavings and it's
easy to grind & sharpen. Look in catalogs or Soren Berger's website for
a pic. I think it is essentially a hook tool. A grinder and a few tool
bits and you have a set up for experimenting.

Hope I'm not too far off topic. You might really just want to fire up
your forge, but be careful. Someone will accuse you of inconveniently
warming the globe.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter