Posted to uk.d-i-y
:Jerry: :Jerry: is offline

Default Mac Disaster

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
snip

DIY does not equate only to cheapness, or for that matter to
cheapness at all. The purpose is to achieve an outcome better than
a professional at the time and convenience for the individual. It
may also result in a cost saving depending on how one costs one's
time. In addition, it may be an enjoyed pastime.

Different strokes of the saw and all that, DIY is about what the
person doing it wants, the above is how *you* see DIY, to me it's
doing it *how I want it done* (for example, pipes run were I want
them, bends or elbows used not were it's easy or indeed best but were
they look 'right'), but for many it *will* be about saving money [1] -
if it means spending as much buying the tools as it would to get a
'man in' why bother?!

[1] I don't know who old you are Andy but that is how 'Do It Yourself'
started in the UK, as anyone who remembers magazines like 'Practical
Householder' (what ever did happen to PH?) in the '60's & '70's will
remember, as a necessity rather than a hobby.