Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Mac Disaster

On 2007-06-30 10:18:54 +0100, " said:

It's interesting to see over the months how you've come round to
buying pro tools. I think your road to Damascus was when you finally
tried an impact driver.

I know of no cheap budget Impact Drivers.

True. And I will be quite curious to see if they make the same splash
in the diy market when they do.

They already are in the DIY market. Screwfix have a Makita 12v one for
£139

I would not call £139 in the DIY price range.

Of course it is. DIY is not about price.

and an unbranded one for £100.

It is the Sparky. Sparky are a big pro brand in Germany and Eastern
Europe - very common there. Just because you have never heard of it does
not mean it is "unbranded".

It's unbranded and is not a professional range.

There again I would not call £100 in the DIY
range for a drill.

Of course it is. DIY does not equate only to cheapness, or for that
matter to cheapness at all. The purpose is to achieve an outcome
better than a professional at the time and convenience for the
individual. It may also result in a cost saving depending on how one
costs one's time. In addition, it may be an enjoyed pastime.
Given all of that, if the correct tool is required to achieve all of
these objectives, the difference in cost between a professional tool at
£140 and a grotty one at £100 is neither here nor there; as indeed
would be the difference between real junk with a possible price tag of
£40 vs. the proper thing at £140.