Posted to alt.home.repair
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default wire gauge

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article om, greif
wrote:
in the past I've done too many thing where I didn't prepare for the
future, so do i need 100 amp now, no but maybe someday

Even 60A should be plenty to run stuff like arc welders and air
compressors.
But it's your shed, and your money.

I'm just sayin'...

--
Regards,

What we did in the past is to provide provisions for a future 100A service
like underground conduit and sub panel sized for 100A but pull 30A cables
for now. If the OP needs 100A for the shed, he has to upgrade the house main
panel anyway. I have lots of power tools like drill presses, table saws,
planer, compressors, welder etc. but I only use one tool at a time so 30A at
240V is more than enough until I install an AC unit.