Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mac Disaster

John Rumm wrote:

Its certainly a safe way to know you will get something that is at a
minimum "good" and will last (and I have never been disappointed with
any of my Makita kit), but don't discount the other quality brands
since each will have tools that come out as "best of breed".

Thats exactly it John. I can't be arsed to look at every make & with a
165mm circukar saw there aren't that many about anyway. I know if I buy
Makita - based on the router, jigsaw, drill driver, impact driver I already
have, it's going to do what is says on the tin.

I think the jigsaw test is an ideal way to convince anyone who doubts
the value of decent tools. The Makita in particular is just *so* much
better than most peoples experience of a jigsaw as to be really quite
surprising even if you are expecting it to be lots better.

Agreed 100%. I smile every time I use it, worlds apart from other jigsaws.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman