Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default You can't get the customers these days.......

Last two days I've been fitting laminate flooring; bathroom, downstairs
cloak & kitchen. Key job, customer at work in London all day.

Started on the bathroom on Thursday, removed old wood effect laminate,
removed skirting, installed new tile effect laminate, replaced skirting.

Tricky fitting this tile effect stuff, you have to match up the 'grout'
lines & make sure they are parallel. Cutting around the toilet & wash basin
took a while to get spot on. Had to remove the door & architraves to get
the new floor down, then replace them.

I have to say I did a really good job, well pleased with it. Lovely cream
coloured tile effect.

Ripped out skirting in downstairs cloak, removed old wood effect laminate.

A good days work. Whilst sorting out the packs of laminate I suddenly find
several packs of grey slate tile effect laminate, which I assume is for the
kitchen - since they have grey worktops. First time I've heard there are
two colours involved.

Arrived this morning to find a note from punter "Sorry, forgot to tell you,
the grey stuff is for the bathroom & downstairs cloak, the cream is for the
kitchen".

I had to take the skirting off again, remove all the carefully laid laminate
& start again - at least I could use the boards laid yesterday as templates.

To say I was a little miffed is an understatement :-(

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman