Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Should I get any papers for minor electrical work?

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:44:03 -0000, "
wrote:

I got a qualified electrician to install an extractor fan in the
kitchen

The fact he is qualified (whatever that may mean) does not mean he is
entitled to issue a Part P certificate. That can be done by someone
with no qualifications whatsoever so long as their company has paid
the appropriate fees. If they haven't paid the fees then the
electrician, no matter how well qualified or experienced, can't issue
the requisite bit of paper. Possibly the £38 is to pay a mate who
works for a Part P company to pop along and nod his head?

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/