JTMcC

Default Old Steel - New Steel

"JTMcC" wrote in message

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
s.com...
A couple of weeks ago at the recycling center, a
welder was unloading some 1/2" square steel bar.
I asked him if it was mild steel and he replied
"yes, old mild steel, the best" I've heard
references to "old steel" being better than "new
steel" and I've never understood what the difference
is.

This one's easy, even I can handle it:

Old steel is set in it's ways, and resists change, instead prefering "the
way we always did it". Old steel knows how to put in a hard days work,

earns
it's keep and is reliable.

New steel is often late, some days doesn't show up at all, thinks the rest
of the world owes it something, talks back and does not yet know the value
of a dollar. If you keep it around long enough, new steel will turn,

slowly,
gradually, sometimes at glacier like speed, into old speed.

Meant "steel" of course, not "speed'! : )

JTMcC.

JTMcC : )