Posted to alt.home.repair
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default Houseful of interior trim to paint

On Jun 28, 2:25 am, "jeffc" wrote:
Let's say you've got a house full of natural wood trim (polyurethane), and
you really want it semi-gloss white. Would you paint it, or just buy new
preprimed trim? If you paint, do you degloss first, or just put on the
primer and then paint over?

I'll trade you the trim in my house for the trim in your house. I'd
love
to have natural wood trim. It's on our Things to Do list, but pretty
far down.

Frankly, any time I hear of someone painting wood, I think "Vandal!
If you're going to paint it, it might as well be plastic."

Cindy Hamilton