Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default earphones: how to attach new ear-pads to now-bare plastic?

I've got a pair of press-against-ear headphones in which
the foam-pads on each side have fallen off.

I've gone to Radio Shack and got a package of two
replacement pads.

QUESTION: How to attach the new ones to the now-bare
plastic "speakers" that press against each ear.

Glue?

What kind of glue?

(I imagine that some kinds would eat (dissolve) the material
the ear-pad are made of.

THANKS!

David

PS: (No, maybe I am cheap, but I don't want to toss them and
buy new ones; I'd much prefer to fix these. Plus,
I have others in the same condition, and I'll want to
fix them too.)