Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Threaded chuck to MT2 adapter?

Hi Steve

Steve I would recommend you get the threaded MT mandrel, so you can
use the chuck in your headstock with a drawbar to keep the MT from
coming loose and scoring the headstock taper.
It is more $$ but a lot less than having to get your spindle repaired
or replaced.

Here's a link, but other places will have them also.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...330,49238&ap=1

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jun 28, 11:30 pm, "Steve Wolfe" wrote:
Go the real easy way. HF has what you want for $10. It's a great 1/2"
Jacobs chuck with a #2MT.

I saw that, and figured that for $10 it couldn't be any better than what I
had - but since what I have won't work, I'm going to give that a shot. It's
good to hear that other people have had good luck with it.

steve