Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default auto air conditioner

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:22:04 -0400, (Herb and Eneva) wrote:

This is kinda sorta home repair. I need to recharge
the a/c on a 1999 chrysler and the local garage wants $124 to do the
job. That seems too high for me. Can I get a can of R134 from auto zone
and do it myself? If I can please tell me how to do it after I find the
leak. TIA

If you knew how to find and repair the leak properly, there would
have been no need for your query.

You are hereby awarded one point for the realization that the
leak should be found/fixed before adding refrigerant.

Take it to the shop unless you wanna spend lots of time and
money on learning AC, tools, etc. Total value of which will
exceed $124.

Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller