Posted to alt.home.repair
runsrealfast runsrealfast is offline

Default auto air conditioner

On Jun 28, 1:47 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Herb and Eneva" wrote in ...

This is kinda sorta home repair. I need to recharge
the a/c on a 1999 chrysler and the local garage wants $124 to do the
job. That seems too high for me. Can I get a can of R134 from auto zone
and do it myself? If I can please tell me how to do it after I find the
leak. TIA

I can, but I won't. Unless I could be with you to do it step by step, I'm
not going to expose myself to the liability as you will be dealing with very
high pressure. People have been seriously injured doing this seemingly
simple chore the wrong way. You also need gauges to get the right
pressure. It is not just a matter of putting some refrigerant into the
system.

Edwin is right here. For only $124 its not to bad a deal. They will
probably be done with the vehicle faster anyway, plus they are the
ones liable for a screw up not you.