Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default auto air conditioner

wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:22:04 -0400,
(Herb and Eneva)
wrote:

This is kinda sorta home repair. I need to recharge
the a/c on a 1999 chrysler and the local garage wants $124 to do the
job. That seems too high for me. Can I get a can of R134 from auto zone
and do it myself? If I can please tell me how to do it after I find the
leak. TIA

You can always try squirting a can of 134 in the LOW side. I doubt you
could even get to the high side with one of the do it yourself kits.
The ports are different. This may or may not work for you. You really
do need gauges to do it right, or even know if this is the real
problem.

Wear safety glasses! ... and watch out for frostbite.

Listen to Edwin!
If it has a leak, there are a lot of things that have to be done properly.
All ACs need to be taken care of properly and that calls for a licensed
tech. - udarrell

http://www.udarrell.com/

http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm

http://www.udarrell.com/principled_a...ju stice.html
(Needs Editing ASAP)

http://www.udarrell.com/recognizing_real_enemies.html

http://jesuschristsavior.net/Beatitudes.html

http://www.antiwar.com/ ***

Reality Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to Accept!