Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Kenmore Air Conditioner Question

On 27 Jun 2007 22:32:38 GMT, Clark wrote:

Some window AC units have an "Energy Saver" feature which raises the
thermostat 4 or 5 degrees after a few hours of run time.

I don't even use the AC, and it's been up to 95 out, but this could be
really annoying.

Is one able to turn this feature off, on the ac's that have it?

2 degrees might be ok, but 4 or 5 spans the range from too cold to too
hot. Like 66 which I wouldn't want, to 71, which might be too hot, I
don't remember.

Hmmmm. Is the idea that the thermostat doesn't get exposed to the
real room temp, and it has to have a lower temp for the first while
because it's really hotter elsewhere in the room, but after a few
hours it's actually the same temp everywhere??

RTFM and see if your's does this.