Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,sci.electronics.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default Portable A/C

In "Proctologically Violated©®" writes:

I think NYC water is about .00001 c per gallon.

Last year's rate was $2.02 per hundred cubic feet (ccf)
PLUS an additional 159 percent for the accompanying
sewage dump [a], or $5.2318 per ccf.

With 750 gallons per ccf, that's $0.0069, or
about 0.7 cents (3/4 of a cent) per gallon.

Note that this is _last year's_ rate. There's
been an 11 percent increase propsed
for this year. I'm pretty sure that's the
final number, but there might be some
slight adjustments in the pipeline.

[a] for most customers the pipeline water
is the same quantity as the sewage dump. The
city will do separate metering if
there's a major difference - for example,
if you're using well water for your
car wash and dumping it in the sewer.

Oh well... .
But, you know what they say:
00001 penny saved is .00001 penny earned.

--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs