Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,sci.electronics.repair
Jensington Jensington is offline

Default Portable A/C

On Jun 27, 5:45 pm, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:
Wish I had known about the two hose units!
Now that I think back, I seem to recall two hose units, but didn't realize
the purpose.

Good link, but website wasn't that informative--no price, EER. Any ideas?
Other observations good as well. Prodigious condensate. I "prefer" to empty
buckets/use the water, but it is a chore.
A pump to a storage barrel would be better.
The 850 watt Amana can readily fill a 5 gal pail in 24 hrs.

They are all pretty ineffecient. Better effeciency can be had by
spending more money on central A/C (higher SEER) or a mini-split (for
example Fujitsu's run up to a whopping 21 SEER). In both of those
cases you would need a professional install.

That being said, a dinky little A/C like that, even running at 8 SEER
or something crappy like that, is not going to break the bank just
because it's not big anyhow, and you probably don't run it 24/7.
Additionally, depending on your situation, wasting some electricity
dollars may be ok if the alternatives (putting central A/C in your
rental unit or something) don't make sense. This "ineffeciency" may
add up to something like $10 a month (guessing here) so it may not
matter.

Jensington