Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Houseful of interior trim to paint

On Jun 28, 6:03?am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:38:15 -0700, Roger Taylor wrote:
"jeffc" wrote in message
Let's say you've got a house full of natural wood trim (polyurethane), and
you really want it semi-gloss white. Would you paint it, or just buy new
preprimed trim? If you paint, do you degloss first, or just put on the
primer and then paint over?

I would paint vs replace trim, if trim is in good condition. Way less
work. I use 409 or Fantastic to degrease the trim. Then apply alcohol
based Zinnzer or Bullseye primer. Follow instructions on primer, to the
letter. Then lightly sand, and finish coat.
For a smooth finish, freer of brush strokes, and lasting quality, I like
to use oil based (alkyd) top coat.
Roger

What he said

your better off sanding first espically if the poly is glossy