Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] nicksanspam@ece.villanova.edu is offline

Default Portable A/C

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Dehumidifiers are MORE than 100% efficient as heaters, as latent heat
pumps, since removing water vapor from air adds heat. I measured
a 1.6 COP with a power meter and a measuring cup.

So you're saying a dehumidifier that consumes 800 watts of energy is
providing more than 800 watts of heat?

Yes. If it's like the one I measured, it would provide 1.6x800 = 1280 watts.

Do you believe a 500 watt air conditioner can move 1500 watts of heat? :-)

It's time to admit you are wrong and apologize for your arrogance.

Nick