Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool dishwasher mid-conversion??

wrote in message

Yes, there is a hose that stores in the back of the unit that latches
onto the faucet as you mentioned. There is a port with no hose
connected underneath that starts dumping water out after it is a
couple of minutes into the cycle. Unfortunately, there is no obvious
unconnected hose that goes there. So I figure that this was made into
a built-in, and then pulled out of the house to be auctioned. I just
need to know how it is *supposed* to be hooked up.

Used as a portable, this is what you should have (similar as it may not fit
your model)
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=524571 Note that is has two
connections on the machine. One supply, one drain.

If it is built in, you need this or a similar type
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=2730

Most portables can be made into built in style units. In that case, you need
to hook the supply line into the fill and run a hose from the drain to a
connection on the sink drain. All you need is the proper diameter hose
available at a hardware or appliance store. The tailpiece of the sink drain
has to be replaced with one that has a connection for the hose, or it can go
into the side of a garbage disposal.