Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Thank You, Lowe's

"Norminn" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

This company I worked for was sold to another one, and it was
a riot to see how much the new place appreciated the employees.
A memo came out detailing how to account for your hours. For
instance, resources who worked a half day should put down 4 hours.

Resources. I gather they couldn't muster up the will to admit we
were humans.

Corporate-speak is irritating as heck......."interface", to me, is like
scraping fingernails across the blackboard. "I'm going to interface with
Joe about the budget." I'd rather just talk with Joe )

Corporate-speak comes about when people try to puff up their
daily routine. If you talk to Joe, how does that look on your status
report? But if you *interfaced*! wow ... you must be management
material.

nancy