Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default Remodeling upstairs condo, power out downstairs condo

"Norminn" wrote in message
k.net...

I have called the city building dept, no response yet, and fire insp., not
their job. I think he must have put a nail through a wire, but I don't
know electricity or breaker panels or ohms or watts. Can the vibration
from his work wiggle something loose in the main panel? Any other ideas?
My dryer is broken, waiting for a part, and I can't handle this much
stress all at once )

Vibration can indeed cause problems, but that's unusual. My guess is that
the remodeling project shorted a circuit and tripped a breaker. The wiring
in some buildings is weird. A breaker is tripped somewhere ... just my
guess. Good luck!