Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom O'Connor Tom O'Connor is offline

Default Wall Corner under shower is rotting

Opening the wall is important because you don't know how big the problem is.
It might be larger then it appears.
Caulking will only put off the problem. Tom

"asantodo" u35391@uwe wrote in message news:7453ff2833d8e@uwe...
Hi all, this is my first post here and I am hoping to learn a lot about
home
repair. I bought this house last August and it was build in 2001. This
is
my first issue with the home. I have a glass enclosed walk in shower
about
5x5 feet. I noticed that on the outside of the shower, on the bottom
right
corner, the wall area is turning brown and is degrading. It seems that
water
is leaking into the wall section. Should I just recaulk or grout that
area
inside the shower and will I need to replace the corner wall? What would
be
the best solution to waterproof the inside of the shower was well as to
replace that section of the wall that has been damaged. Thanks.