Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing kitchen faucet

On Jun 27, 5:17?pm, Rick Blaine wrote:
wrote:
Since I'm a newbie I want to find out how easy/hard it is to replace a
kitchen faucet.

Generally, it's pretty easy. A few things to watch out for:

- If you do not have shutoff valves under the sink for both hot & cold, you'll
need to find the master water shutoff valve for the house. This valve typically
does not get used much and can be fragile.

- Clearance between the sink and the back wall under the countertop can be
tight. This can make getting a wrench up there difficult.

- Some faucets require the use of a sleeve type wrench.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

I just finished relacing my bathroom faucet, the trouble with these
jobs is access, and having to do so much by feel only

mine had a burst bubble in the flexible line and replacing the fixture
was easier than just the lines. The hardware that holds everything in
place was all rusty, its been in 10 years.

I might save the faucet its a delta and never had a problem but today
I didnt want to mess around.........