Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Replacing kitchen faucet

wrote:

Since I'm a newbie I want to find out how easy/hard it is to replace a
kitchen faucet.

Generally, it's pretty easy. A few things to watch out for:

- If you do not have shutoff valves under the sink for both hot & cold, you'll
need to find the master water shutoff valve for the house. This valve typically
does not get used much and can be fragile.

- Clearance between the sink and the back wall under the countertop can be
tight. This can make getting a wrench up there difficult.

- Some faucets require the use of a sleeve type wrench.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars