Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] beerguzzler50@yahoo.com is offline

Default backerboard question

On Jun 26, 11:23 pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
John Gilmer writes:
It's not exactly a major cost item so why take the chance of getting it
wrong.

Because I don't have your sheepish mindset. Ultimately the costs come down
to what you know and how you apply that knowledge.

My guess would be, it's more likely to be a merchant manipulation than a
genuine difference.

Marketing people are taught these days to label things with a focused
application, not a description of the contents, because it divides the
market and improves retail profits. This is why there are 1000 different
spray cleaning products made from a grand total of about 5 ingredients,
instead of 5 barrels of ingredients and a recipes handout.

OK, follow my sheeping reasoning. Hardibacker calls it out
specifically, Thinset manuf call it out specifically and cement board
manuf. call it out. They sure are herding us sheep. But I suggest
you stray from the flock and carve your own path to show those
marketing folks.