Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.disability

Default Battery Charger Repair ?

Cerumen wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On 27 Jun, 08:45, "the_constructor" wrote:
Hi,

I have two 8Amp battery chargers that I use on my mobility scooters that
need repairing.

Do you know someone or a company who can repair them please.

Each battery charger new is about £145 and I don't really fancy binning
them.

There will be a transformer rectifier unit plus a controller of some sort, a
sealed unit full of electronics probably these days. Without test meters you
can't check the rectifier unit or the electronics and if the transformer
isn't burnt out you are stumped.

Huh? most of the ones I have seen for lead acid anyway are just
transformer rectifiers..with enough impedance in them to reduce to
trickle as the battery voltage nears 'fully charged'

Nickel cells unless you want fast charging are just low constant current
things.