Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Thank You, Lowe's

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:26:28 -0400, Stan
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:57:57 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Honesty requires the use of proper descriptive words, not hiding behind some
weasel words that make incompetent people feel god about themselves.

Right you are........ I'm so tired of these political correct types
coming up with these warm and fuzzy "New" words to make, as you said,
"incompetent people feel [good] about themselves" or take attention
away from the true filth of something by calling it something clean
and sweet or call something by some new friendly name that has before
been known as corrupt.

While I write this I hear one on a debate on network news between two
politicians right now.... Some politician lying through its teeth
while the other politician is saying that the other is "Deviating From
The Truth". Wonder what its "associates" would think about that?

Regards,

I know; I hate that phony "courtesy" like poison, but it's the norm in
the U.S. Congress. (Except when former Speaker Dennis Hastert told a
colleague "**** you" right on the floor of the House!)

It's a classic you-scratch-my-back; I'll scratch yours game.

By contrast, the British Parliament (I watch Question Time
religiously) is raucous and undisciplined; lotsa fun to watch.
Another difference is that the Brits can utter clear and complete
English sentences; are not dependent on mumbling aloud what their
aides wrote for them. (Gawd I hate those committee hearings.
Someone said that one should not watch how laws and sausages are
made.)

The Brits are also expert at delivering most delicious darts and
ripostes, clothed in elegant but short, direct statements.