Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.disability
Cerumen Cerumen is offline

Default Battery Charger Repair ?

"Palindrome" wrote in message
m...
Cerumen wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On 27 Jun, 08:45, "the_constructor" wrote:

Hi,

I have two 8Amp battery chargers that I use on my mobility scooters that
need repairing.

Do you know someone or a company who can repair them please.

Each battery charger new is about £145 and I don't really fancy binning
them.

There will be a transformer rectifier unit plus a controller of some
sort, a sealed unit full of electronics probably these days. Without test
meters you can't check the rectifier unit or the electronics and if the
transformer isn't burnt out you are stumped.

Not necessarily. Many sealed lead acid chargers are SMPSUs these days.

As stated in a previous post, I have several mobility scooter chargers.
They are all switch-mode.

I always forget how long it is since I looked inside one. :-)

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.