Posted to chi.general,soc.culture.indian,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.cleaning,alt.food.wine
Ken Blake Ken Blake is offline

Default Red wine on white walls!

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:14:17 -0600, "Erdos2"
wrote:

"RPS" wrote in message
A guest tripped and as a result we have red wine spots and streaks on
white walls. I experimented on one small spot with cold water, hot
water, soapy water, then a generic spray cleaner...but it remains
visible! Is there a product that will get rid of these stains? And what
kind of store sells it? Thanks.

Not exactly getting a lot of good advice.....

Can you paint over it? Last year I covered some stains on a wall
using a combination of paints I had in storage. The wall paint was
somewhat old so it had changed color some, but I was able to mix
up something that matched fairly well. (for now, it will probably
fade differently over the next few years) The other option in painting
is to paint the whole wall, but that would be a lot of work and the
stain might come through if you don't tackle the stain first.

Some kinds of stains will bleed through the paint covering them. It
might be a good idea to shellac over the stain before painting. That
will stop any possibility of bleeding.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup