Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Drilled well question...

Clark wrote:
wrote in news:1182876400.443729.230690
@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

I have a 725 foot drilled well (normal in my area) with a problem.
From what I have read, it seems there is a concrete material used to

seal contaminates on the outside of the pipe from draining down into
the water. Two weeks after completion, I started to get oil and
natural gas in my water. Is it possible that this sealant has failed?
Can it be repaired? Any other ideas.

First question: What's the well's approximate location in the world?

You planning on droppin' by to fix it?

Second question: How far away is the nearest oil or gas well?

As someone else noted, doesn't have to be a nearby well although not a
bad hypothesis could also be dry holes or areas that aren't commercially
viable (or haven't been to date, anyway).

Third question: Why haven't you called the local government oil & gas
regulatory commission and the local government's environmental quality
department?

I'm assuming the time span since the original two weeks hasn't been very
long so I'd think the driller would be first on my list although the
State should have a registry of _known_ abandoned holes which could be
useful (here it's the State Geological Service). Of course, it's the
existing but unknown that are often the cause of the problem.