Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Land drainage

In message , fullflow plumbing
writes

Hi Rick and Richard,
I've just spent a weekend in a rather wet
Pitlochry and then have to come back to thinking of even more water!

I'd start thinking more towards 50K if the PP says the devloper will
dispose of water onto your land, especially if all his other options
are limited, and the houses are built. 5K was a low figure so you did
not get excited.

Today I received an offer from him which is lower than the above so I am
tempted to write back that I was expecting something higher but without
stating a figure and see where he goes. There again I was also tempted
to state a figure and meet him in the middle but as his figure is so low
I might just wait and see what his 2nd one will be.
The problem is that he does have the option of a soak away and if I take
it too high that will become his answer. So I don't want to push it too
far. Although the soak away is going to be far from ideal because of
clay in one area and reclaimed ground in another. Apparently the clay
layer is 8 feet thick so he will have to go below this.

The "consent to disharge" is relativly new, so old stuff running into
a streak is ok, but mist new stuff requires it.

That could save us some hassle, I've looked at the deeds etc. and there
is only mention of pipes crossing neighbours gardens and no mention of
the final discharge. I have found that there are only 3 houses and not 6
using this route though. The 3 I had thought also used it in fact go
into the council system that is slightly higher and runs down the public
road. ( In a pipe before any one comes up with a witty comment.)

try www.pen-y-geulan.com/diy for my DIY project. we don't rent the
cottage out any more. I need to tity up the website.

I'll take a look in a moment.

Rick

You have Mr Developer over a large barrel & can pretty much name your price.

Don't forget the soak away option though.

Work out what the property would sell for and works backwards from the
figure. i.e if builder is looking for £100k profit, depending on how greedy
you are id start at £50k. He`s got no choice in having to settle with you
from what i`ve read

There are to be 4 - 5 houses on the plot, without finding my copy of the
plans I'm not sure if 4 or 5 right now, it's difficult thinking straight
after 3 days with little sleep! I seem to recall an approximate price of
£400 -500K each so the figures we are talking about would be a very
small percentage of the final sale price.

I just hope he doesn't read uk.diy there again it may speed up
negotiations if he knew of your suggestions.

Richard

--
Bill