Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Garbage Disposals

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:24:34 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

mm wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:13:33 -0400, mm
wrote:

When you get it home and take yours out, and open their box, all the
new ones provide a coupling betteen the sink and the disposal and if
the coupling isn't the same as what you have, you'll have to figure
out which one is insinkerator. If it's the one you have already, I'd
return the new one and buy ISE by whatever name it is sold.

BTW, when you install it, be sure to pop out the plug in the drain in
advance. Harder to do it once it is installed.

Thanks to Jeff, I withdraw this statment unless you have a dishwsaher.
OOPS.

Leave it in place if you don't have a dishwasher.

I'm not sure in what kind of installation one would want the plug to
remain. ???

Maybe someone who's kitchen appliance ensemble doesn't include a dishwaher?

I assume that's the "plug" and "drain" you're referring to....

Shame on me. I forgot what it was for.

Posted and emailed to the OP.

Jeff