Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default AC Returns In Basement

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is a continuation of a thread I started a couple of weeks ago...

Recap - I mentioned that my basement was much cooler than the rest of
my house, even with the basement AC vents closed. I asked about
cutting a whole in the return trunk to move some of the cooler air
upstairs. The consensus was that if I got my return air from the
basement, I would be limiting the movement of air in the other rooms.

The last question I asked was never answered, so I'm giving it another
shot:

If I were to *open* the basement vents *and* add a return in the
trunk, wouldn't the basement now be just like any other room? Would
that help to balance the temperatures across the 3 floors?

Silly question ... Do you keep your basement door closed?