Posted to alt.home.repair
crabshell crabshell is offline

Default drywall

"cruel_girl" u35205@uwe wrote in news:73f9ac190c8c1@uwe:

ok, so every wall in my house has sssoooo much texture it horrible. it
looks like some one took a paint brush and just went crazy splattering
paint every where. would it be cheaper to sand down every wall till it
is smooth or just replace? and what is the price of drywall, also
would it be better to contract some one out to do it, that way i know
its done correctly (price?)???

I had a similar problem with a ceiling that looked like cottage cheese --
like popcorn gone bad. A contractor scraped the ceiling with a wide putty
knife, spread 2 layers of drywall joint compound over the ceiling, and
textured the ceiling in a final step -- all in 1/2 day. I could have done
it myself in retrospect but it's really hard to work on the ceiling due to
the constant reaching up. You could try and do a section of wall yourslf
and see how it turns out.