Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Chan Jay Chan is offline

Default Sleeve type AC unit -- can this be used in a window.

On Jun 25, 11:42 pm, wrote:
Hi,

I am moving to a new apartment and am planning on taking my sleeve
type AC unit with me. However, there is no wall pass through in my new
place.

Is it possible to use a Sleeve type AC (11000 BTU) in a window? Is
there any special equipment required, or a website with instructions?
I'm a bit clueless here.

Thanks

Meighan

The thru-the-wall units that I came across tended to be noisier than
the window units, and were not as energy efficient. Considering the
trouble of mounting it to the window and the possibility of it being
noisy and costly to operate, I would just get a new window A/C, and
eBay the old thru-the-wall unit. The thru-the-wall unit tends to be
more expensive and may actually bring you a bit of cash if you sell
it.

Jay Chan