Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Finger Jointed Cedar Clapboard Pieces ?

`

I'm sure it is.
Not sure how much, but probably a fair amount.
IME, finger-jointed stuff for exterior use has failed uniformly.

For the last reason I won't use it for anything except some cheaper
installations and then only interior (casing, etc.)

I have seen finger jointed material fail in interior applications also.
Maybe "this" time they got it right.

The composition siding it properly maintained (painted) seems to do quite
well. It's one the back of a townhouse my wife owns. Our house is in
good shape. But the stuff is starting to swell on the house next door.
Time in place is on the order of 35 years!