Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central air conditioner stops working

Yes, it's possible. Or, the outdoor unit may be dirty, and
overheating.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

:
: Hello all, I am hopng someone can help. My central air system
works
: fine for a few hours, but then after (approx 8 hours or so) it
is no
: longer blowing air out of the vents in the ceiling. The
system is
: running as it should, compressor fan outside is still spinning
and it
: sounds like it should be working, but no air is coming out,
although
: the vent does still seem cold, no air is coming out of it.
The only
: way to get it to work again is to turn the system off for
about 2
: hours, then when I turn it back on it is working normally.
Could
: something be freezing up?
: