Posted to alt.home.repair
Stupid48 Stupid48 is offline

Default Insulate steel garage door?

On Jun 25, 9:18 pm, "Rudy" wrote:
I have a pretty standard steel double garage door. My garage gets up
to about 145 degrees during the summer mostly because my house faces
the sun pretty much all day. Is there any value to me adding
insulation to the garage door panels?

It seems to me that some kind of styrofoam insulation would fit perfectly
in the panels.

Look in the yellow pages and call some real Insulation places (Not Lowes or
Home Depot)

Thats what I did and got some panels that are made specifically for that
purpose and are designed to slide right in..
Inside face of the Foam is covered with some type of tuff vinyl to protect
it from "dings" in the garage
They tell me it helps a lot keeping the temps down in there.

Thanks for all the help. For the price, the styro inserts couldn't
hurt so I tried them. I added some insulating foil to the inside for
some extra deflection. We'll see what happens.....