Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default terminology trivia: Vice-Grips (was US Speed Roller Skating)

mm wrote:

I haven't had the chance to use Mole brand, but even though Vise
Grips look like they are made from sheet metal, I've pounded on them
with a hammer and never seen a dent. I"ve never seen the jaws lose
their sharpness, either, in my limited use.

I have a cheap imitation also that doesn't engender such confidence
in me. I forget why.

I currently have four. Three Vice Grip brand (small, medium, and big),
and one Stanley brand long nose. Two of the vise grips have rubber
handles that slide around (to be removed soon).