Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Central air conditioner stops working

wrote:

Hello all, I am hopng someone can help. My central air system works
fine for a few hours, but then after (approx 8 hours or so) it is no
longer blowing air out of the vents in the ceiling. The system is
running as it should, compressor fan outside is still spinning and it
sounds like it should be working, but no air is coming out, although
the vent does still seem cold, no air is coming out of it. The only
way to get it to work again is to turn the system off for about 2
hours, then when I turn it back on it is working normally. Could
something be freezing up? Has anyone heard or seen this before,
anything I can look at?
Thanks in advance...

It might be that the evaporator coil is freezing over, or the fan motor,
for various reasons, is getting too hot.
Stop operating the unit when the blower is NOT delivering adequate
airflow or you will ruin the compressor,.
http://www.udarrell.com/external_sta...ct_systems_ASP

- udarrell

-

http://www.udarrell.com/

http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm

http://www.udarrell.com/principled_a...ju stice.html
(Needs Editing ASAP)

http://www.udarrell.com/recognizing_real_enemies.html

http://jesuschristsavior.net/Beatitudes.html

http://www.antiwar.com/ ***

Reality Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to Accept!