Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V Brian V is offline

Default Small pool over septic tank?

"ShutterMan" wrote in message
ups.com...
We have one of these 'Easy Set' 12' x 38" round swimming pools that
you blow up the ring and fill with water. It seems the only really
level place in our yard is over the septic tank. I don't know how
much weight is safe to put over the tank. Any thoughts?

A picture of the pool can be found he

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4634029

Im thinking it shouldnt be too bad with the weight being dispersed
across the surface, but I have some doubts.

Your talking almost 11 tons of weight for that pool, no way should it go
over a septic tank!
12' round pool at 36" depth: 12x12x3x5.9=2548.8 gallons
8.34lbs per gallon 2548.8x8.34=21256.992lbs

Pool volume:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...ool_25ft_x_4ft
Water: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_d...of_water_weigh