Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Small pool over septic tank?

I don't see a problem. You pool will load the soil over the tank with 200#
per square foot. No big deal. Nothing like having, say, a dump truck
drive over the ground.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We have one of these 'Easy Set' 12' x 38" round swimming pools that
you blow up the ring and fill with water. It seems the only really
level place in our yard is over the septic tank. I don't know how
much weight is safe to put over the tank. Any thoughts?

A picture of the pool can be found he

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4634029

Im thinking it shouldnt be too bad with the weight being dispersed
across the surface, but I have some doubts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ShutterMan" wrote in message
ups.com...
We have one of these 'Easy Set' 12' x 38" round swimming pools that
you blow up the ring and fill with water. It seems the only really
level place in our yard is over the septic tank. I don't know how
much weight is safe to put over the tank. Any thoughts?

A picture of the pool can be found he

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4634029

Im thinking it shouldnt be too bad with the weight being dispersed
across the surface, but I have some doubts.

Your talking almost 11 tons of weight for that pool, no way should it go
over a septic tank!
12' round pool at 36" depth: 12x12x3x5.9=2548.8 gallons
8.34lbs per gallon 2548.8x8.34=21256.992lbs

Pool volume:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...ool_25ft_x_4ft
Water: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_d...of_water_weigh

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:32:41 -0700, ShutterMan
wrote:

We have one of these 'Easy Set' 12' x 38" round swimming pools that
you blow up the ring and fill with water. It seems the only really
level place in our yard is over the septic tank. I don't know how
much weight is safe to put over the tank. Any thoughts?

A picture of the pool can be found he

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4634029

Im thinking it shouldnt be too bad with the weight being dispersed
across the surface, but I have some doubts.

I would not do this, but check the local code. In my area you cannot
even drive or even park on a septic/leech field.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We have one of these 'Easy Set' 12' x 38" round swimming pools that
you blow up the ring and fill with water. It seems the only really
level place in our yard is over the septic tank. I don't know how
much weight is safe to put over the tank. Any thoughts?

A picture of the pool can be found he

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4634029

Im thinking it shouldnt be too bad with the weight being dispersed
across the surface, but I have some doubts.

I wouldn't do it.. over the tank OR the field..all in all... I think
it's a ****ty idea.. pun intended..
Chuck (in SC)

Posted to alt.home.repair

ShutterMan wrote:
We have one of these 'Easy Set' 12' x 38" round swimming pools that
you blow up the ring and fill with water. It seems the only really
level place in our yard is over the septic tank. I don't know how
much weight is safe to put over the tank. Any thoughts?

A picture of the pool can be found he

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4634029

Im thinking it shouldnt be too bad with the weight being dispersed
across the surface, but I have some doubts.

That's a question for your code enforcement officer; don't believe the
guesses and crap I see in some of these responses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 2:32 pm, ShutterMan wrote:
We have one of these 'Easy Set' 12' x 38" round swimming pools that
you blow up the ring and fill with water. It seems the only really
level place in our yard is over the septic tank. I don't know how
much weight is safe to put over the tank. Any thoughts?

A picture of the pool can be found he

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4634029

Im thinking it shouldnt be too bad with the weight being dispersed
across the surface, but I have some doubts.

I'll leave the weight consideration for others.

Have you considered what you will have to do when you get the tank
pumped?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 9:34 pm, Harry K wrote:

I'll leave the weight consideration for others.

Have you considered what you will have to do when you get the tank
pumped?

Harry K

Its a temporary setup of course.. but i may go ahead and move it based
on the recommendations above. Certainly I dont want to take a
chance. As for the weight, it is alot, but you can easily place your
arm up underneath the pool without issue, even filled, so it does
disperse the weight. But no point in chancing it, so Ill move it.
Thanks for the input.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ShutterMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 25, 9:34 pm, Harry K wrote:

I'll leave the weight consideration for others.

Have you considered what you will have to do when you get the tank
pumped?

Harry K

Its a temporary setup of course.. but i may go ahead and move it based
on the recommendations above. Certainly I dont want to take a
chance. As for the weight, it is alot, but you can easily place your
arm up underneath the pool without issue, even filled, so it does
disperse the weight. But no point in chancing it, so Ill move it.
Thanks for the input.

Since you're on septic, you might consider where exactly all that water will
go when it comes time to drain it. As a general consideration I don't put
any water near or around my tank, drain field, or any locations upstream.
But I live in the PNW, watering the lawn is rarely required.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Since you're on septic, you might consider where exactly all that water

will
go when it comes time to drain it. As a general consideration I don't put
any water near or around my tank, drain field, or any locations upstream.

Good point.

"Around here" new installations have interceptors above the actual drain
field. The interceptors take water dumped above the drain field and take
it below the drain field. But usually the drain field isn't immediately
adjacent to the tank. In any case, he can run his pool draining hose to
below his septic field.

But I live in the PNW, watering the lawn is rarely required.

Remember the 70s book, "The Grass is Always Greener over the Septic Field?"

No Septic Tank? Steve B Home Repair 29 June 19th 07 09:09 PM
Help - septic tank ( or not?) howardsend UK diy 23 March 16th 06 06:02 PM
Septic tank upgrade. SR UK diy 26 December 1st 05 10:38 AM
septic tank replacement TonyK UK diy 41 February 11th 05 10:25 AM
Septic Tank query Blair Malcolm UK diy 9 November 26th 04 08:11 PM