Jim Stewart

Default Tek Scopes (was Run caps?)

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Jim Stewart says...

Dean was in charge of designing the 453A, the best scope Tek ever
made (I have 3 of them).

Then you've never owned a 485, my personal favorite.

That was the *huge* dual beam one, yes? With the separate
power supply?

no, part of the 465 family of portables. Think
465 good to 400mhz+ (specs are 0-350mhz, but mine
was down 3db at 450mhz. Even better triggering
than a 465. Here's a picture of one on ebay

It will be a sad day when it fails and I have to
toss it in the dumpster.

Those things were pigs, hard to move around at all.

I got my start in an electronics shop, renovating RM45s.

As already mentioned on this ng, I found out that you should
never ever ever ever try to remove the graticle from the
front of an RM45's CRT!! Boss caught me in the store room,
trying to pry one off with a screwdriver. "What the *hell*
are you doing??"

"This damn thing's really stuck on here...."

Jim

please reply to: