Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerard Gerard is offline

Default No Messages in 5 Days?

On 25 jun, 17:20, "
wrote:
Hello, Gerard. I had never been to your website, and I think your
work is great. Nice designs and great choice of woods. I like the
straightforward design of your website, too.

The piece called "Halima" looks like some kind of turned branch wood.
The spalting is beautiful. What kind of wood is that? What kind of
finish did you put on it?

Inquiring minds, you know.

Hello Robert,
Thanks for your kind comments. The Halima piece is indeed turned
branch wood, the same branch Rabiah was turned from.
It's spalted beech, the colors have a lot of contrast. I'm working at
a piece of even more spalted beech, the black lines have turned red-
brown, so the process of spalting is creative in itself.
As a finish I used a tung & hardwax-oil mixture, after it dried, I put
on a wax-mixture of beeswax, carnauba and terpentine, followed by some
hand-buffing.
I hope your inquiring mind got some satisfaction by this information,
in case it wants to know more, don't hesitate to ask!

Gerard