Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Clearing a culvert drain...

wrote:
On Jun 25, 9:20?am, BlinnPR wrote:
Our culvert drain backs up spilling excess water onto our gravel
driveway. I'm thinking it's mostly dirt clay, twigs and leaves.

I was going to use a snake to clean it out but it's at the base of our
driveway and there is no electric outlet nearby.

Any other sugestions?

TIA,
Steven

how big in diameter is it?

There ya' go--ask a pertinent simple question! Atta' boy, haller...
To OP, that's a sidebar joke...

If it's relatively large, I'd start by trying to fish out what can be
done from either/both ends and if it isn't totally plugged follow that
w/ a pressure nozzle on a garden hose. Often that will be sufficient.
If the grade is such that there's reasonable access, a cobbled-together
extension of 1/2" copper pipe on the end of the hose can be used as a
combination ram and water cannon. A "nozzle" as simple as simply
flattening the end w/ a hammer can be quite effective.