Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Garbage Disposals

Freckles wrote:

My garbage disposal is leaking and I guess it needs to be replaced.

My concern is: Do I need to replace it with a like brand or are all garbage
disposals interchangeable?

Thanks

If you replace it with a like brand, you may only have to
detach it from the sink and install the new one (plus the
wiring and piping). If you buy a different brand, you may
have to detach the GD, then detach the basket strainer and
install a new one on your sink, then attach the GD. (It is
not actually a basket strainer, but a GD attachment.)

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.