Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Thank You, Lowe's

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:49:28 -0400, "C & E"
wrote:

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are,
or how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY
STILL WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be
empty.

That would be the fault of a poor store manager, not Lowe's as a whole.

Except that someone from corporate** should visit the store
periodcially and make sure things are running well, especially
something as obvious as a long check out line.

**Not necessarily *from* corporate. My ex-girlfriend is a mystery
shopper. She doesn't leave Baltimore but works/worked for lots of
companies. She checks out the store and sends a report back to the
main office. It's usually a specfic set of questions*** written up
the the main office of the particular compnay. She's notice that a
substantial percentage of the companies she checks out go out of
business within 6 months. Hirilng her is their last ditch effort to
fix things. They should probably hire her earlier. Starbucks does.
But the fees they pay her have gone down, and she doesn't do it much
anymore.

***They often ask questions I think are not of much value. details
on request.

Ours is the opposite.

That must mean you have a good manager, but coroporate is supposed to
look out for bad managers.

Glad to hear that someone is making good use of the
electric carts - they look like they would be great.