Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default One half done!

Toller wrote:

It seemed to be; no matter what I did it tore.
I am hoping it will behave differently when dry. It is ususally worse when
dry, but maybe willow is different.

Have you considered a drench with thin CA?

I buy (and sell) thin CA by the pint for this precise use. It soaks into
the punky parts and leaves them hard enough to work. (Allow a few hours
for the interior stuff to set up.) If finishing with gloss poly, it
seems invisible. Also good for stiffening up thin-walled sections.

Just a thought ... that larger vessel looks promising.

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000751-5, 06/24/2007
Tested on: 6/25/2007 1:26:51 AM